Kiriukhin M. M. — PhD in Physics and Mathematics, Senior Researcher, president of Union of Scientific and Engineering Associations of Ukraine, 21, Sichovikh Striltsiv Str., Kyiv, Ukraine; +38 (044) 272-42-85; email@example.com
CERTIFICATION OF ENGINERS AND ACREDITATION OF ENGINERING PROGRAMS. PARTICIPATION OF INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL TECHNICAL ASSOCIATIONS
Abstract. This article focuses on participation of international and national technical associations in the system of independent assessment of engineer qualification. The most authoritative international and national technical as sociations are listed in this review. The description of the most competent associations for independent accreditation of engineering education, namely International Engineering Alliance and European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE) is also added. The situation with the implementation of European initiatives in Ukraine was described.
Keywords: non-governmental organizations, certification of engineers, qualification assessment, accreditation, quality assurance.
1. Web-site of Union of scientific and engineering associations of Ukraine. Available at: www.snio.org.ua.
2. Web-sites of national engineering associations from some countries: China: China Association for Science and Technology. Available at: http://www.cast.org.cn/; United Kingdom: Engineering Council. Available at: www.engc.org.uk; Germany: The Association of German Engineers. Available at: www.vdi.de; Brasil: Federation of Brasilian Associations of Engineers. Available at: http://www.febrae.org.br/; India: The Institution of Engineers (India). Available at: https://www.ieindia.org/; Italy: National Engineering Council. Available at: https://www.tuttoingegnere.it/; Portugal: Institution of Engineers. Available at: http://www.ordemengenheiros.pt/.
3. Web-site of World Federation of Engineering Organizations. Available at: www.wfeo.net.
4. Web-site of European Federation of National Engineering Associations. Available at: www.feani.org.
5. Web-sites of European Council of Civil Engineers. Available at: http://www.ecceengineers.eu/; and European Council of Engineering Chambers. Available at: http://www.ecec.net/.
6. Web-site of FEANI INDEX. Available at:http://www.feani.org/site/index.php?id=138&no_cache=1.
7. Web-site of International Engineering Alliance. Available at: http://www.ieagreements.org/.
8. Web-site of European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education. Available at:www.enaee.eu.
9. Web-site of European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. Available at: http://www.enqa.eu/.
10. Web-site of European Society for Engineering Education. Available at: http://www.sefi.be/.
11. Web-site of Association of rectors of technical universities of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.artech-uni.org.ua/.