Rahimli Gunel — PhD students of the Institute for Scientific Research on Economic Reforms (ISRER) Ministry of Economy of the Azerbaijan Republic, Azerbaijan, AZ1011, Baku, 88a, H. Zardabi Av.; email@example.com
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE: CURRENT STATE OF THE SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE OF AZERBAIJAN
Abstract. The proposed work is devoted to investigation of the infrastructure features, which development is a major part of one of the goals defined by the Strategy of economic and social development of Azerbaijan up to 2030s. The article contains the main approaches to this concept within the frameworks of the national economy, it also discloses the content of the concepts of sustainable development and infrastructure, as well as describes the functions of social infrastructure and briefly describes the current state of the social infrastructure of Azerbaijan. It is considered not only the development of the social infrastructure, but also its ability to provide for itself financially. Attention is paid to the shortcomings in the functioning of infrastructure facilities, in particular regarding the distribution of financial resources and the subordination of facilities to various departments.
Keywords: sustainable development, infrastructure, social infrastructure, Azerbaijan.
1. World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED), Our Common Future. New York: Oxford
University Press, 1987.
2. U.S. National Research Council, Policy Division, Board on Sustainable Development, Our Common Journey: A Transition Toward Sustainability. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999.
3. Aurelio Peccei The human quality. Pergamon Press, 1977, 214 p.
4. Sustainable development. Available at: http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals.
5. O’Sullivan Arthur, Sheffrin, Steven M. (2003) Economics: Principles in Action. Upper Saddle River,
New Jersey 07458: Pearson Prentice Hall. p. 474. ISBN 0-13-063085-3.
6. Fulmer Jeffrey (2009) “What in the world is infrastructure?”. PEI Infrastructure Investor(July/August),
7. OECD Economic Infrastructure. Common Reporting Standard (CRS) Codes, 2 pp., n.d.
8. 2017 Infrastructure Report, 112 pp., American Society of Civil Engineers, 2017.
9. Entertainment and media outlook. Available at: 2016–2020 https://www.pwc.co.za/en/assets/pdf/enm/
10. What is social infrastructure? Available at: http://www.aberdeen-asset.fr/en/thinkingaloud/investment-
11. Konsepsiya razvitiya “Azerbaijan — 2020: vzqlyad v budushee” [The development concept “Azerbaijan
2010: a look into the future”]. Available at: http://www.president.az/files/future_ru.pdf.
12. Ukaz Prezidenta Azerbaijanzhkoi Respubliki ob utverjdenii strateqicheskix dorojnix kart po nasionalnoy
ekonomike i osnovnym sektoram ekonomiki [Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the
approval of strategic road maps for the national economy and the main sectors of the economy]. Available at: http://ereforms.org/store//media/ekspert_yazilari/islahat%20icmali/mart/strateji%20yol%20x%C9%99rit%C9%99si%20-ru.pdf.
13. Rech Prezidenta Azerbaidzhanskoi Respubliki Ilxama Alieva na zasedanii Kabineta Ministrov, posvyashennom itoqam sosialno-ekonomicheskoqo razvitiya v 2017 qody i predstoyashim zadacham, 10 yanvarya 2018 [Speech of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to the results of socioeconomic development in 2017 and the challenges ahead, January 17, 2018].