Paladchenko O. F. — Head of Sector of Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; ORCID 0000-0002-5436-1608
Molchanova I. V. — Senior Research Assistant of Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80; firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID 0000-0003-1679-5621
TRANSFER CREATED BY HIGHER INSTITUTIONS EDUCATION OF TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPLEMENTATION IN PUBLIC PRACTICE
Abstract. The article is devoted to the results of the annual monitoring of the activities of higher education institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine) in the field of technology transfer. The purpose of the study is to analyze the results of the transfer of created the higher education institutions based on the results of scientific, technical and innovative technologies for implementation in public practice, identify its main problems and ways to solve them in modern society. The research was carried out by the Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information according to the developed system of indicators and approved methodology using information on the results of innovation activities by budget managers. The obtained results show that in 2020 the higher education institutions transferred more than half of the total number of technologies transferred by the main managers of budget funds for strategic priority areas of innovation. Almost all technologies created by the higher education institutions were transferred to the order of industrial sector enterprises with a share of 96,4 % (in 2019 — 99,1 %, in 2018 — 80,4 %) in the total number of technologies transferred to industrial enterprises. For the last three years, the Ministry of Education and Science has been a leader among other managers in both domestic and foreign markets. The vast majority of technologies in the domestic and all technologies in the foreign market are transferred to customers through “know-how, agreements for the acquisition (transfer) of technology”. Technologies for 2018–2020 were transferred according to all approved strategic priorities, most of them according to priority 5 (medicine). Among the 23 higher education institutions operating in the field of transfer in 2020, the leader is Sumy State University (as in 2019 and 2018), which transferred more than half of the total number of transferred technologies, all — to the industrial sector. In 2018–2020, more than half of the technologies transferred to the domestic market, and almost all — on the foreign market were developed by the Ministry of Education and Science, of which almost all — universities. These technologies have a higher competitiveness and demand compared to technologies obtained by scientists from other domestic structures, which allows the Ministry of Education and Science among other fund managers to maintain a leading position in the field of transfer in both markets, including industry. Thus, the higher education institutions created and transferred innovative products for direct implementation in public practice and technological reequipment of enterprises at the sectoral level. The main problem of the transfer is that the transferred technologies were created only at the expense of enterprises and customer organizations for direct implementation, which narrows the opportunities for attracting the higher education institutions for effective implementation of modern society development strategies at regional and local levels. In order to further improve and expand the directions and opportunities of scientific, scientific-technical and innovative activities of the the higher education institutions, it is proposed to take into account world and European experience in the strategies of free economic development, including universities. sustainable development and its goals in order to increase the socio-economic development of society at the international, regional and local levels.
Keywords: technology transfer, higher education institutions, university, result, strategic priorities, industrial enterprises, public practice.
- Pro vishu osvitu. Zakon Ukrayini vid 1 lipnya 2014 roku № 1556-VII [About higher education. Law of Ukraine of July 1. 2014 No. 1556-VII]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1556-18#Text. [in Ukr].
- Pro naukovu i naukovo-tehnichnu diyalnist. Zakon Ukrayini vid 26 listopada 2015 roku № 848-VIII [On scientific and scientific-technical activity. Law of Ukraine of November 26. 2015 No. 848-VIII]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/848-19#Text. [in Ukr].
- Pro derzhavne regulyuvannya diyalnosti u sferi transferu tehnologij. Zakon Ukrayini vid 14 veresnya 2006 roku № 143-V [On state regulation of activities in the field of technology transfer. Law of Ukraine of 14 September. 2006 No. 143-V.]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/143-16#Text. [in Ukr].
- de Wit-de Vries, E., Dolfsma, W.A., & van der Windt, H.J. et al. (2019). Knowledge transfer in university–industry research partnerships: a review. J Technol Transf. 44, 1236–1255. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-018-9660-x.
- Bischoff, Kathrin; Volkmann, Christine K.; Audretsch, David B. (2018). Stakeholder collaboration in entrepreneurship education: an analysis of the entrepreneurial ecosystems of European higher educational institutions. Journal of technology transfer. Vol. 43. Issue: 1. 20–46. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-017-9581-0.
- Hockaday, T., & Piccaluga, A. (2021). University Technology Transfer in Innovation Management. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Business and Management. 26 May. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190224851.013.295.
- O’Kane, C., Mangematin, V., & Geoghegan, W., with co-authors (2015). University technology transfer offices: The search for identity to build legitimacy. Research Policy. Vol. 4 Issue: 2. 421–437. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2014.08.003
- Nölting, B. Molitor H., Reimann J., Skroblin J.-H. & Dembski N. (2020). Transfer for Sustainable Development at Higher Education Institutions—Untapped Potential for Education for Sustainable Development and for Societal Transformation. Sustainability. 12(7). 2925. DOI https://doi:10.3390/su12072925 https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/12/7/2925.
- Radinger-Peer, V., & Pflitsch, G. (2017). The role of higher education institutions in regional transition paths towards sustainability. Review of Regional Research-Jahrbuch fur Regionalwissenschaft. Vol. 37. Issue 2. 161–187. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10037-017-0116-9
- Draghicia A., Babanb C.-F., Gogana M.-L., & Ivascua L.-V. (2015). A Knowledge Management Approach for The University-Industry Collaboration in Open Innovation. Procedia Economics and Finance. 23 23–32. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00377-9.
- De Moortel, K., & Crispeels, T. International university-university technology transfer: Strategic management framework. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. Vol. 135, 145–155. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2018.05.002.
- Rasmussen, E, & Wright, M. (2015). How can universities facilitate academic spin-offs? An entrepreneurial competency perspective. Journal оf Technology Transferjournal оf Technology Transfer. Vol. 40 Issue: 5. 782–799. Retrieved from: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/How-can-universities-facilitate-academic-spin-offs-Rasmussen-Wright/cbcf6a71963a11b28e808c81e6936c34500127f2. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-014-9386-3
- Cotrim Henriques I., Amorim Sobreiro V., Kimura H. (2018). Science and technology park: Future challenges. Technology in Society. Vol. 53, 144–160. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2018.01.009.
- Androshuk, H. O. (2018). Transfer tehnologii v oboronno-promislovomu kompleksi Ukrayini: problemni pitannya (II chastina) [Transfer of technologies in the defense-industrial complex of Ukraine: problems (part II)]. Nauka, tehnologiyi, innovaciyi [Science, technology, innovation]. 2 (6). 38–47. Retrieved from: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/handle/123456789/162627 [in Ukr].
- Butnik-Siverskij, O. (2018). Innovacijnist cilisnih naukovo-virobnichih formuvan v umovah postupu do neoekonomiki [Innovation of integrated scientific and industrial formations in terms of progress to neo-economics]. Teoriya i praktika intelektualnoyi vlasnosti [Theory and practice of intellectual property]. 2. 49–58. Retrieved from: http://www.inprojournal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/2_2018/7.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Butenko, D. S., Tkachuk I. I. (2015). Transfer innovacijnih tehnologij: sutnist i znachennya dlya suchasnoyi ekonomiki Ukrayini [Transfer of innovative technologies: essence and significance for the modern economy of Ukraine]. 3. 232–235. Retrieved from: http://global-national.in.ua/archive/3-2015/48.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Vojtovich, N. V., Polyak, Yu. Ya. (2020). Transfer tehnologij yak skladova innovacijnogo rozvitku marketingovoyi diyalnosti pidpriyemstv APK [Transfer of technologies as a component of innovative development of marketing activities of agro-industrial enterprises]. Ekonomika ta derzhava [Ekonomika ta derzhava]. 12. 62–66. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2020.12.62. [in Ukr].
- Zagrisheva N. (2017). Vishij navchalnij zaklad yak sub’yekt transferu tehnologij [Higher education institution as a subject of technology transfer]. Pidpriyemnictvo, gospodarstvo i pravo [Entrepreneurship, economy and law]. 10. 62–66. Retrieved from: http://pgp-journal.kiev.ua/index.php/archive-1-2020/archive/2021/3/44.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Mrihina, O. B. (2018). Sutnist ta znachennya transferu tehnologij v umovah strategichnogo rozvitku universitetiv [The essence and importance of technology transfer in terms of strategic development of universities]. Biznes Inform [Business Inform]. 1. 128–139. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/binf _2018_1_20. [in Ukr].
- Pavlenko, I. A. (2015). Suchasni kanali mizhnarodnogo transferu tehnologij [Modern channels of international technology transfer]. Investiciyi: praktika ta dosvid [Investments: practice and experience]. 5. 18–22. Retrieved from: http://www.investplan.com.ua/pdf/5_2015/5.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Perminova, S. O. (2015). Transfer tehnologij yak diyevij mehanizm spriyannya innovacijnomu rozvitku pidpriyemstva v umovah globalizaciyi [Transfer of technologies as an effective mechanism for promoting innovative development of the enterprise in the context of globalization]. Naukovij visnik Mizhnarodnogo gumanitarnogo universitetu [Scientific Bulletin of the International Humanities University]. 18–20. Retrieved from: http://www.vestnik-econom.mgu.od.ua/journal/2015/14-2015/6.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Kvasha, T. K., Paladchenko, O. F., Molchanova, I. V. (2018). Transfer tehnologij yak realizaciya naukovo-tehnichnogo ta intelektualnogo potencialu Ukrayini [Transfer of technologies as a realization of scientific and technical and intellectual potential of Ukraine]. Nauka tehnologiyi innovaciyi [Science of innovation technology]. 1(5). 72–79. Retrieved from: http://nti.ukrintei.ua/?page_id=1183 [in Ukr].
- Kvasha, T. K., Paladchenko, O. F., & Molchanova, I. V. (2020). Diyalnist zakladiv vishoyi osviti u sferi transferu tehnologij [Activity of institutions of higher education in the field of technology transfer]. Nauka tehnologiyi innovaciyi [Science of innovation technology]. 1(13). 49–57. DOI http://doi.org/10.35668/2520-6524-2020-1-07. [in Ukr].
- Pisarenko, T. V., Kvasha, T. K., Rozkova, L. V., & Kovalenko, O. V. (2020). Innovatsiyna diyalʹnistʹ v Ukrayini u 2019 rotsi [Innovation activity in Ukraine in 2019: scientific-analytical report]. Кyiv, 46 p. DOI http://doi.org/10.35668/978-966-479-114-1. [in Ukr].
- Pisarenko, T. V., Kuranda, T. K., & Kvasha, T. K. (2021). Stan naukovo-innovatsiynoyi diyalʹnosti v Ukrayini u 2020 rotsi [The scientific and innovative activity status in Ukraine in 2020]. Кyiv. 39 p. Retrieved from: AZ.nauka.innovatsiyi.2020-23.06.2021.pdf. [in Ukr].
- Pro prioritetni napryami innovacijnoyi diyalnosti v Ukrayini. Zakon Ukrayini vid 8 veresnya 2011 roku № 3715-VI [On the priority areas of innovation in Ukraine. Law of Ukraine of September 8. 2011 No. 3715-VI]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3715-17#Text. [in Ukr].
- Pro zatverdzhennya Poryadku nadannya vidomostej pro osnovni rezultati naukovoyi, naukovo-tehnichnoyi, innovacijnoyi diyalnosti ta u sferi transferu tehnologij. Nakaz vid 11.01.2012 № 10 [On approval of the Procedure for providing information on the main results of scientific, scientific and technical, innovation activities and in the field of technology transfer: order of 11 January. 2012 No. 10]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0146-12. [in Ukr].