Shabranska N. I. — PhD in Economics, Senior Researcher of State Institution “Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information”, Antonovich Str., 180, Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (067) 367-90-14; firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: 0000-0001-7731-281Х
Berezniak N. V. — Senior Researcher of State Institution “Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information”, Antonovich Str., 180, Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-09-67; email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-0125-2213
MAIN DIRECTIONS AND SUPPORT MEASURES FOR SCIENTIFIC, TECHNOLOGICAL
AND INNOVATIVE POLICIES IN THE WORLD DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Abstract. A scientific study of the directions for the formation, implementation and support of scientific, technological and innovation policy (STI policy) in the highly developed countries to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic and the crisis phenomena has been investigated. Measures and instruments of general political support for the STI sphere, in addition to effective medical and pharmacological support, also cover organizational and technical, financial, socio-economic, information, scientific and innovative support. Particular attention is paid to the analysis of directions for supporting scientific research, the development of new technologies and innovations to overcome the consequences of the coronavirus; coordination of actions and strengthening of cooperation at the national and international levels. The features of the introduction of state assistance instruments (support packages) of innovative business structures during the crisis are considered; holding collective events at the national and international levels; open exchange of data on the results of research and development — are analyzed. OECD data on decisions and measures taken by national governments and international organizations to overcome the pandemic, as well as support scientific and business structures during the crisis, have been analyzed and systematized. Eight main directions of STI support for five countries (Great Britain, Germany, Canada, Norway, Japan) are highlighted, which are combined in a summary table.
Keywords: аctivities, coordination, COVID-19 pandemic, Digitization, Experience, international level, information, national level, OECD, research, result, science, technology and innovation policy, STI policy, summary table, support tools.
- OECD Policy Responses to Coronavirus (COVID19) Science, technology and innovation: How coordination at home can help the global fight against COVID19. 3 July 2020. Retrieved from: http://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/policyresponses/sciencetechnologyandinnovationhowcoordinationathomecanhelptheglobalfightagainstcovid19aa547c11/. https://doi.org/10.32617/5265ed04148257be
- Christensen, T., & Lægreid, P. (2020). Balancing Governance Capacity and Legitimacy: How the Norwegian Government Handled the COVID19 Crisis as a High Performer. 12 р. Retrieved from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/puar.13241. https://doi.org/10.1111/puar.13241
- Policy Options to Support Digitalization of Business Models During COVID19: Annex. OECD, 2020 Retrieved from: http://www.oecd.org/sti/policyoptionstosupportdigitalizationofbusinessmodelsduringcovid19annex.pdf. https://doi.org/10.1787/97892640897547en
- OECD Survey on the STI policy responses to Covid19. Germany. Retrieved from: https://stiplab.github.io/Covid19/Germany.html.
- OECD Survey on the STI policy responses to Covid19 Japan. Retrieved from: https://stiplab.github.io/Covid19/Japan.html.
- OECD Survey on the STI policy responses to Covid19 Norway. Retrieved from: https://stiplab.github.io/Covid19/Norway.html.
- OECD Survey on the STI policy responses to Covid19 United Kingdom. Retrieved from: https://stiplab.github.io/Covid19/United%20Kingdom.html.
- OECD Survey on the STI policy responses to Covid19 Canada. [Retrieved from: https://stiplab.github.io/Covid19/Canada.html.