Bieliaieva N.S. — PhD (in Economics), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Department of Management, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 19, Kyoto Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 02156; +38 (095) 342-50-57; email@example.com. ORCID 0000-0001-8833-1493
HARMONIZATION OF THE HUMAN RESOURCE AUDIT IN THE FIELD OF INTERNATIONAL PRACTICE
Abstract. The article explores the possibilities and problems of the process of harmonization of the HR audit in the field of international practice, taking into account the specifics of the market environment of Ukraine. The views of different authors on the problem of HR auditing were investigated. The idea was justified that the harmonization of accounting and financial reporting of economic entities is closely linked with the globalization of economic processes and the economy as a whole on a global scale, the processes of informatisation and digitalization of society, the same as for HR processes. During considering the concept of “HR audit” it should not be forgetting about the legislative component — HR audit is aimed, inter alia, at identifying violations with the law for timely management of weaknesses in the policy of the enterprise in the field of labor. Categorization of observations by impact of importance (high-risk, medium-risk, low-risk — categorization) was investigated; examples for high-risk observations (on the example of: workforce planning, service contract modalities) and medium-risk (on the example of: recruitment process governance, alignment of strategy and work plans, HR functional capacity in Country Offices, talent acquisition in Cos, recruitment processes in Cos, employee on-boarding, training and separation, national non-staff salary scales and pay adjustments, staffing and structure review exercises, social security transfers to service contracts, automation, information and data management, oversight of HR functions in Cos) are given in consideration with agreed actions of HRM and auditor. The ratings (satisfactory, partially satisfactory or unsatisfactory) of an HR audit that are part of the system of evaluating the adequacy of company’s audit risk management, control and governance processes were investigated. The point that the human resource auditing is something that many companies do annually, just as they audit their financial information (despite of their field of activity) is overlined in the article. The harmonization of the HR audit in the field of international practice is a process of unification of methods and principles of auditing in the form of standards is observed.
Keywords: human resource audit, HR audit, HRM, harmonization, digital society, international practice, internal control, audit observations, rating system.
- Afota M.-C., Ollier-Malaterre A., Vandenberghe Ch. (2019). How supervisors set the tone for long hours: Vicarious learning, subordinates’ self-motives and the contagion of working hours. Human Resource Management Review. Vol. 29, Is. 4. (accessed 27 De-
cember 2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2018. 11.001
- Balz, B. (2016). Human resources governance and compliance: Human resources audit and investigations. Handbook of Human Resources Management, 1137–1152. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-44152-7_97
- Berber, Nemanja & Pasula, Milan & Radosevic, Milan & Ikonov, Dejan & Kocic Vugdelija, Vesna. (2012). Internal Audit of Compensations and Benefits: Tasks and Risks in Production Systems. Engineering Economics. 23. 414-424. https://doi.org/10.5755/j01.ee.23.4.1143
- Bieliaieva N.S. A Financial and Economic Activities Effectiveness Evaluation as a Condition of Corporate Management Decisions Making. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies. 2017. Vol. 3 (2017) No. 4.
Р. 12–17. https://doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/ 2017-3-4-12-17
- Bieliaieva, N. International practice of the concepts use of “HR audit”, “staff audit”, “personnel audit”. Economics. Ecology. Socium 2019, 3, 94-101. https://doi.org/10.31520/2616-7107/2019.3.3-11
- Bieliaieva, N. Development of the Human Resource Audit System Elements Based on International Experience. Economics. Ecology. Socium 2019, 3, 28–34. https://doi.org/10.31520/2616-7107/2019.3.4-4
- Bragg S. (2020). Components of an internal control system. Accounting tools. Retrieved from: https://www.accountingtools.com/articles/components-of-an-internal-control-system.html (accessed 02 January 2020).
- Ifill, S., Moreland, N. (1999). Auditing recruitment and selection using generic benchmarking: a case study. TQM Magazine, vol.11, is. 5, 333–340. Retrieved from: https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-0033344033&origin=resultslist&sort=plf-f&src=s&st1=staff+personnel+. https://doi.org/10.1108/09544789910282435
- Internal Audit of Human Resources Management in Country Offices. WFP: Office of the Inspector General. Internal Audit Report No. AR/16/15. 2016. P. 26.
Available at: https://documents.wfp.org/stellent/groups/public/documents/reports/wfp289608.pdf (accessed 19 December 2019).
- Ludmila Boyko, Nataliia Bieliaieva, Sergiy Bay. (2020). Problems And Prospects Of Digital Economy Development In Ukraine. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(8s), 2322–2328. Retrieved from: http://sersc.org/journals/index.php/IJAST/article/view/14706 https://doi.org/10.35940/ijrte.C1038.1183C19 (accessed 02 January 2020).
- The components of an internal control system. KAPLAN financial. Retrieved from: https://kfknowledgebank.kaplan.co.uk/audit-and-assurance/internal-systems-of-control/the-components-of-an-internal-control-system (accessed 20 December 2019).
- Zakirova, A., Klychova, G., Yusupova, A., Kirillova, V., Gimadiev, I. (2018). Human resources planning and auditing in agribusiness (E3S Web of Conferences). Topical Problems of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Environmental Economics, TPACEE 2018, vol. 91. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20199106003