Kvasha T.K. — head of department Ukrainian institute of scientific and technical expertise and information, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-26; email@example.com
Paladchenko O.F. — head of sector of UkrISTEI, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80; firstname.lastname@example.org
Molchanova I.V. — Senior Research of UkrISTEI, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80; email@example.com
INNOVATIVE ACTIVITIES IN THE REGIONS: PRIORITY AREAS AND FEATURES OF THEIR IMPLEMENTATION
Abstract. There are the results of the research on innovation activity in the regions of Ukraine according to the priority directions and peculiarities of their implementation are analyzed. Determined that at the regional level, medium-term innovation priorities were not approved. At the same time, innovation activities are carried out within the framework of relevant regional strategies; programs; economic activity of enterprises and organizations (at the expense of their own funds) according to the thematic directions of strategic priorities, medium-term priority directions of innovation activity of the national level, determined by the legislation. It is noted that this is the main feature of innovation activity at the regional level in comparison with the national and sectoral, where the medium-term priorities are approved by the relevant government regulations and annual monitoring of their implementation is carried out. It was investigated that in 2017 financing of innovation activities in the regions was carried out according to the themes of all seven strategic priority areas with a leading position, as in 2016, in the spheres of agroindustrial complex, with a marked increase in the spheres of environmental protection (second position compared with the fourth in 2016); medicine (sixth position instead of the last in 2016) and the least active in the field of transport. At the same time, almost half of regional state administrations do not pay due attention to the implementation of legislation on the implementation of innovation activities in the regional priority areas. The study concluded that the absence of approved medium-term innovation priorities, create the corresponding problems in ensuring the implementation of a unified scientific and technical and innovation policy of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, in particular, in terms of monitoring the implementation of the priority directions of innovation activity at all levels. The authorized bodies of state power are proposed to intensify work on identifying the priority directions of innovation activity at the regional level.
Keywords: regions, innovation activity, regional medium-term priorities, monitoring, financing, creation of technologies, transfer of technology.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Metodychnykh prymirnykh rekomendatsii shchodo pidhotovky rehionalnykh innovatsiinykh prohram [On approval of methodical particular recommendations for the preparation of regional innovative programs: state science informatization order], dated February 5, 2014, no. 22. Legislation of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0022847-14/page.
- Deiaki pytannia vyznachennia serednostrokovykh priorytetnykh napriamiv innovatsiinoi diialnosti zahalnoderzhavnoho rivnia na 2017-2021 roky [Some issues of definition of medium-term priority directions of innovation activity of the national level for 2017-2021]. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 28.12.2016, no. 1056. Legislation of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1056-2016-%D0%BF.
- Deiaki pytannia vyznachennia serednostrokovykh priorytetnykh napriamiv innovatsiinoi diialnosti haluzevoho rivnia na 2017-2021 roky [Some issues of the definition of medium-term priority areas of innovation activity at the sectoral level for 2017-2021]. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated October 18, 2017, no. 980. Legislation of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/980-2017-%D0%BF.
- Kvasha, T.K. Paladchenko, O.F., Molchanova, I.V. (2017). Rol normatyvno-pravovoho zabezpechennia u formuvanni ta realizatsii rehionalnykh innovatsiinykh priorytetiv [The Role of Regulatory Support in the Formation and Implementation of Regional Innovation Priorities]. Nauka, tekhnolohii, innovatsii [Science, technology, innovations], 2 (2), 10-16.
- Soloviov, V.P., Koreniako, H.I., Holovatiuk, V.M. (2008). Innovatsiinyi rozvytok rehioniv: pytannia teorii ta praktyky [Innovative development of regions: questions of theory and practice]. Monograph. Kyiv (in Ukr.): Feniks, 224 p.
- Lutskiv, O.M. (2015). Rehionalna innovatsiina polityka: osoblyvosti formuvannia ta problemy realizatsii [Regional Innovation Policy: Peculiarities of Formation and Implementation Problems]. Rehionalna ekonomika [Regional economy], 2, 153-162. Retrieved from: http://ird.gov.ua/pe/re201502/re201502_153_LutskivOM.pdf.
- Mazii, N.H., Voityk, O.Ie. Investytsiino-innovatsiina diialnist ta rehionalni chynnyky formuvannia pryvablyvosti rehioniv [Investment and innovation activity and regional factors of formation of attractiveness of regions]. Retrieved from: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/apdu/2015-2/doc/3/07.pdf.
- Mantsevych,Yu.M. (2014). Stratehiia innovatsiinoho rozvytku rehioniv Ukrainy [Strategy of innovation development of regions of Ukraine]. Suchasni problemy ekonomiky ta pidpryiemnytstvo [Modern problems of economy and entrepreneurship], 13, 92-97. Retrieved from: http://sb-keip.kpi.ua/article/view/47407.
- Zemliankin, A.I., Pidorycheva, I.Yu. (2015). Innovatsiina diialnist u promyslovykh rehionakh Ukrainy: potochnyi stan, tendentsii, vyklyky [Innovative activity in industrial regions of Ukraine: current state, trends, challenges]. Ekonomika promyslovosti [Economy of industry], 2 (70), 5-19. Retrieved from: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/handle/123456789/87669.
- Lepetiukha N.V. (2018). Otsiniuvannia innovatsiinoi aktyvnosti promyslovykh pidpryiemstv rehioniv Ukrainy [Estimation of innovative activity of industrial enterprises of regions of Ukraine]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky [Global and national problems of the economy], 22, 432-436. Retrieved from: http://global-national.in.ua/archive/22-2018/84.pdf.