Kuznetsova M. I. — group economist of the Office of Work Coordination on the Financial Stability Department of the National Bank of Ukraine; +38 (044) 521-89-26, Myroslava.Kuznetsova@bank.gov.ua
Dubrovina O.O. — PhD in Economics, a deputy head of Economic Strategy of the Macroeconomic Forecast and Economic Policy Department of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine — head of Economic Security, Unshadowing the Economy and Analysis Department; +38 (044) 253-75-
54, email@example.com; ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2761-518X
LOOKING FOR WAYS OF UNSHADOWING THE ECONOMY OF UKRAINE
Abstract. It was considered the meaning of “shadow economy”. It was observed the historical aspect of the shadow economy research. It was set out the results of typology of approaches and methods of estimation the shadow economy levels that are used in international and national practice. It was given the shadow economy levels of different countries and Ukraine. It was discovered the importance of non-cash payments as an effective way of fighting against corruption and shadow economy. It was analyzed the state of non-cash payments in Ukraine and factors that cause it.
Keywords: shadow economy, shadow economy, methods of calculating the level of the shadow economy, unshadowing the economy, non-cash payments.
1. Methodological Aspects of the shadow economy. V.D. Bazylevych, I.I. Mazur. Economy of Ukraine. 2004. no. 8, pp. 36–44.
2. Varnaliy Z.S. Shadow economy: the nature, characteristics and ways of legalization. Kyiv, NISD, pp. 567. 3. NDEI report about GDR Improvement of the calculation model of the shadow economy by sources of economic activity according to updated international standards in statistics of national accounts (UNSNA-2008 and CEA-2010), 2014.
4. Mandybura V.A The shadow economy as the object of systematic scientific research. Kyiv, p. 134.
5. Order of the Ministry of Economy from 18.02.2009 number 123 On Approval of Methodological recommendations of calculating the level of the shadow economy.
6. Popovych V.M. Economic and criminological theory Shadow Economy; monograph. Irpen: Acad. state. Tax Service of Ukraine, 2001, 524 p.
7. Resolution of the National Bank of Ukraine from 06.09.2016 number 382 On amendments to some regulatory legal acts of the National Bank of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. Access: https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=36329636&cat_id=80928
8. Turchynov O.V. Shadow economy: the theoretical foundations of research. Kyiv. ArtEk, p. 300.
9. Schneider F., Buehn A., Montenegro C.E. Shadow Economies All over the World. New Estimates for 162 Countries from 1999 to 2007. Available at: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/3928/WPS5356.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
10. Schneider F. Size and Development of the Shadow Economy of 31 European and 5 other OECD Countries from 2003 to 2015: Different Developments. Available at: http://www.econ.jku.at/members/Schneider/files/publications/2015/ShadEcEurope31.pdf
11. Grossman G. (1983) The “Second economy” in USSR. The Underground economy in the United States and Abroad, ed. V. Tanzi, Lexington Books.
12. Gutmann P. (1977) The Subterranean Economy. Finantional Analysts Journal, Vol. 33.
13. Kaufmann D., Kaliberda A. (1996) Integrating the Unofficial Economy into Dynamics of Post-Socialist Economies: A framework for Analysis and Evidence. Development Discussion Paper № 558. Harvard Institute for International Development, pp. 81–120.
14. Tanzi V. (1983) The underground economy in the United States: annual estimates: 1930–1980. IMF Staff Papers, Vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 283–305.
15. Schneider F., Kearney A. The Shadow Economy in Europe, 2013. Available at: https://www.atkearney.com/financial-institutions/featured-article/-/asset_publisher/j8IucAqMqEhB/content/the-shadoweconomy-in-europe-2013/10192
16. Schneider F., Klinglmair R. (2004) Shadow Economies around the World: What Do We Know? Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA). — Working Papers № 2004-3. Basel, р. 59. Available at: http://www.crema-research.ch/papers/2004-03.pdf
17. Raising Ukraine’s productivity: banking sector as an engine for growth. Peport McKinsey&Company, March 2016. Available at: http://www.mckinsey.com/Global-Locations/Europe-and-MiddleEast/Ukraine
18. Belgium, France and Canada closest to cashless societies — China and UAE with the fastest trajectory. Available at: http://www.mastercardadvisors.com/modules/news/130923_pr_Cashless_Journey.html
19. The study of the economic impact. Available at: http://www.visa.com.az/az/ru-az/aboutvisa/research/economicimpact.shtml