Kalyna V. S. — PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor, Dnipro State Agrarian and Economic University, 25, Sergiy Yefremov Str., Dnipro, Ukraine, 49600; +38 (096) 285-98-29; firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: 0000-0002-3061-3313
Lutsenko M. V. — PhD in Engineering, Associate Professor, 19, Sholokhova Str., Dnipro, Ukraine, 49080; +38 (099) 068-97-13; email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-0924-5157
STUDY OF THE PROPERTIES OF PUMPKIN SEED PROCESSING PRODUCTS
Abstract. The analysis of recent studies and publications was carried out and it was revealed that Ukrainian and foreign scientists are investigating the use of new raw materials from pumpkin seeds in the technologies of functional food products, but its chemical composition has not been sufficiently studied. Based on the analyzed sources, a set of studies to determine the quality of pumpkin seeds is substantiated. According to the results of research, the technology of complex processing of pumpkin seeds has been developed, the main elements of which are seed pressing and fractionation of crushed cake. Target products were obtained in the amount of: oil — 34 %, flour — 5 %, protein powder — 15 %, fiber — 46 %. The energy and biological value of the products obtained from pumpkin seeds is calculated. Determined the following: amino acid composition in protein powder, which contains the whole complex of essential amino acids, which characterizes its high biological value; the content of mycotoxins in protein powder, which meets the requirements of regulatory documents; microbiological indicators of quality of products of processing of pumpkin seeds that are within norm. The shelf life of pumpkin seed products has been set, namely: shelf life from the date of manufacture and after opening the package; storage conditions. The use of pumpkin seed products in the human diet is proposed: protein powder as an ingredient for cocktails, smoothies, sauces; fiber as a physiologically active supplement to normalize fat metabolism and cholesterol levels in human blood; flour for baking bakery products; salad dressing oil.
Keywords: pumpkin seed processing products; flour, protein powder, cellulose, oil, quality indicators.
- Mykolenko, S. Iu. & Hez, Ya. V. (2016). Doslidzhennia khlibopekarskykh vlastyvostei speltovoho ta harbuzovoho boroshna pry vykorystanni plazmokhimichno aktyvovanoi vody [Research on bakery powers of spelt and harmelon boar with vicarious plasma-chemically activated water]. Prodovolchi resursy [Food resources], 7, 170-177. [in Ukr.].
- Loyer, J. (2016). The social lives of superfoods: Doct. diss. 198 р.
- Bachynska, Ya. (2018). Formuvannia spozhyvnykh vlastyvostei tsukrovoho pechyva za rakhunok vykorystanniam shrotu z nasinnia harbuza [Formation of the living powers of the sukrovy oven for the rahunok to the vikoristannym meal from the fresh watermelon]. Traektoriâ Nauki = Path of Science, 4, No. 6, 1001-1008. [in Ukr.].
- Syrokhman, I. V., & Fil, M. I. (2008). Spozhyvni vlastyvosti poroshkiv harbuza iz riznykh botanichnykh sortiv [Consumer properties of pumpkin powders from different botanical varieties]. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu veterynarnoi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohii imeni SZ Gzhytskoho [Scientific Bulletin of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named after SS Gzhytsky], Vol. 10, 2 (37), 171-174. [in Ukr.].
- Kovtun, A. V., Kovbasa, V. M., & Pichkur, V. Ia. (2016). Vplyv kharchovykh volokon na orhanoleptychni pokaznyky formovanykh kartoplianykh chipsiv [Influence of dietary fibers on organoleptic parameters of formed potato chips]. Prodovolchi resursy [Food resources], 7, 163-169. [in Ukr.].
- Babich, O. V., & Dorokhovych, A. M. (2005). Bezghliutenove boroshno dotsilno vykorystovuvaty pry vyrobnytst&vi boroshnianykh kondyterskykh vyrobiv [Gluten-free flour should be used in the manufacture of flour confectionery]. Kharchova i pererobna promyslovist [Food and processing industry], 4, 20-22. [in Ukr.].
- Denysova, N. M., Ziniuk, M. O., & Buialska, N. P. (2019). Vykorystannia dobavok bezghliutenovoho boroshna v tekhnolohii vyrobnytstva khlibobulochnykh vyrobiv [The use of gluten-free flour additives in the technology of bakery production]. Tekhnichni nauky ta tekhnolohii [Technical sciences and technologies], 3 (17), 234-240. [in Ukr.]. https://doi.org/10.25140/2411-5363-2019-3(17)-234-240
- Biloborodko, L. R. (2013). Tseliakiia v ditei na suchasnomu etapi: klinichni vyiavy, kryterii diahnostyky [Celiac disease in children at the present stage: clinical manifestations, diagnostic criteria]. Medytsyna transportu Ukrainy [Medicine transport of Ukraine], 69-74. [in Ukr.].
- Babich, O. V., & Sheina, I. O. (2017). Obhruntuvannia vykorystannia bezghliutenovoho vivsianoho boroshna u pryhotuvanni pisochnoho pechyva dlia liudei khvorykh na tseliakiiu [Priming of the gluten-free bog bog at the prepared sand oven for people with celiac disease]. Molodyi vchenyi [Young vcheniy], 711-713. [in Ukr.].
- Alfawaz, M. A. (2004). Chemical Composition and Oil Characteristics of Pumpkin (Cucurbita maxima) Seed Kernels. Agricultural Research Center. King Saud University. Saudi Arabia. Research Bulletin. 129. 5-18.
- Cerniauskiene, Ju. (2014). Pumpkin fruit flour as a source for food enrichment in dietary fiber. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca 42.1., 19-23. https://doi.org/10.15835/nbha4219352
- Saeleaw, M. & Schleining, G. (2011). Composition, physicochemical and morphological characterization of pumpkin flour. Proceedings of the ICEF11-11th International Congress on Engineering and Food” Food Process Engineering in a Changing World”. Athens, Greece, Р. 869-870.
- Dabash, V., Buresova, I., Tokar, M., Zacharova, M., & Gal, R. (2017). The effect of added pumpkin flour on sensory and textural quality of rice bread. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences, V. 6, 1269-1271. https://doi.org/10.15414/jmbfs.2017.6.6.1269-1271
- Lakiza, O. V., Maslikova, K. P., & Ishchenko, M. V. (2018). Efektyvnist zastosuvannia vysokobilkovykh funktsionalnykh produktiv u vyrobnytstvi bulochok [The effectiveness of high-protein functional products in the production of rolls]. Grain Products and Mixed Fodders, 18 (2), 25-29. [in Ukr.].