Osadcha A. B. — Senior Researcher State Institution “Ukrainian Institute of Scientific and Technical Expertise and Information”, Antonovycha str., 180, Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-29; firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: 0000-0001-5151-2901
COMPARISON OF PUBLICATION ACTIVITY LEVEL IN THE MEDICAL FIELD IN UKRAINE AND THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD
Abstract. In the context of the rapid development of scientific and technological progress in Ukraine, including the medical field, a significant contribution belongs to scientific researches based on world recognition, and publications in scientific journals indexed in international bibliometric databases, will lead to the possibility of upgrading modern science in medical higher educational institutions. The most significant in modern society is not only activity process or thought, but the result that scientific research provides. Scientific activity is difficult to evaluate with only one parameter; moreover, there is a need for evaluation using qualitative indicators. The article presents author’s research results of publication activity level in the medical field in Ukraine, taking into account world experience based on international bibliometric database Clarivate Analytics’s Web of Science. Clarivate Analytics accelerates research progress by providing researchers with reliable information sources, analytics around the world, and the ability to quickly create, defend, and commercialize new ideas. Clarivate Analytics is an independent company with more than 4000 employees working in more than 100 countries, and has a well-known brand — Web of Science. It provides access to the largest database of scientific articles from carefully selected reputable journals. Researchers can use effective search instruments that take into account metadata and bibliographic references and allow you to get the highest quality, meaningful and impartial information. Web of Science is an accurate and reliable source of information for assessing scientific work, the most comprehensive resource in which both quality and quantity are equally valued.
Keywords: publication activity, citation index, international bibliometric database, bibliometric indicators, scientific research areas, medicine.
- Tarasov, D. (2012). Vykorystannia spetsializovanykh poshukovykh system dlia otrymannia pokaznykiv tsytovanosti elektronnykh naukovykh arkhiviv [Use of specialized search engines to obtain citation rates for electronic scientific archives]. Visnyk Natsionalnyi universytet “Lvivska politekhnika” [Bulletin of the National University “Lviv Polytechnic”]. 732. 382–388.
- Yevtushenko, V. M. (2018). Ohliad bibliometrychnykh indykatoriv stanu ukrainskoi nauky [Bibliometric indicators review of the state of Ukrainian science]. Nauka. Tekhnolohii. Innovatsii [Science. Technologies. Innovations]. 4 (8). 3–12.
- Mazur, V. A. (2019). Vykorystannia mizhnarodnykh naukometrychnykh baz danykh Web of Science ta Scopus dlia naukovykh doslidzhen v ahrarnykh zakladakh vyshchoi osvity [The use of international scientometric databases Web of Science and Scopus for scientific research in agrarian institutions of higher education]. Ekonomika. Finansy. Menedzhment : aktualni pytannia nauky i praktyky [Economics. Finances. Management: current issues of science and practice]. 4. 83–91. https://doi.org/10.37128/2411-4413-2019-4-10
- Nazorovets, S. O. (2016). Kvartаlnyi pidkhid do problemy stymuliuvannia rostu naukovoi produktyvnosti v universytetakh [Quarterly approach to the problem of stimulating the growth of scientific productivity in universities]. Bibliotechnyi forum [Library Forum]. 2 (4). 10–12.
- Podrezova, M. O. (2013). Bibliohrafichna kultura periodychnoho vydannia yak napriam informatsiino-analitychnoi diialnosti biblioteky [Bibliographic culture of periodicals as a direction of information-analytical activity of the library]. Visnyk ONU [Bulletin of the ONU]. 1(9). 105–113.
- Ukraine Ranking Web of Universities. Retrieved from: http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Ukraine.
- Web of Science. In Cites Essential Science Indicators. Retrieved from: https://esi.clarivate.com.
- Web of Science. Web of Science Core Collection. Retrieved from: http://apps.webofknowledge.com.
- Open Science in Ukraine. Vsi ukrainski naukovi zhurnaly u Scopus ta Web of Science [All Ukrainian scientific journals in Scopus and Web of Science]. Retrieved from: https://openscience.in.ua/ua–journals.
- Bushuiev, S. D. (2014). Naukometrychni bazy: kharakterystyka, mozhlyvosti i zavdannia [Scientometric bases: characteristics, opportunities and tasks]. Upravlinnia rozvytkom skladnykh system [Management of complex systems development]. 18. 145–152.