Vavilina N.I. — Senior Research of UkrISTEI, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-09-57; email@example.com; ORCID 0000-0002-4861-2810
TRAINING OF SCIENTIFIC PERSONNEL AS THE BASIS FOR THE FORMATION OF INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL
Abstract. The state and trends of training scientific personnel in postgraduate and doctoral studies of Ukraine in the period 2010-2018 are analyzed. It has been established that in recent years there has been a trend of a significant reduction in the total number of graduate students and doctoral students and the proportion of graduate students with the defense of the dissertation. The reasons are primarily the lack of effective incentives for attracting talented youth of Ukraine to the field of science. The formation of highly qualified personnel in domestic postgraduate and doctoral studies does not correspond in many respects with the modern requirements of the Ukrainian economy and the challenges of the global knowledge and innovation economy: the structure of training scientific personnel in the fields of science and knowledge is not balanced; there is no interdisciplinary approach, innovative and business training for graduate students and doctoral students. The implementation of these areas requires an increase in the educational programs of postgraduate and doctoral studies, as well as the constant updating of their content, as is done in doctoral studies of the leading countries of the world. The paper studies the main trends and features of the training of highly qualified personnel in the developed countries of Europe and the USA, the positive experience of which may be interest to the domestic practice of reforming.
Keywords: intellectual capital formation, scientific personnel, postgraduate studies, doctoral studies, innovative economics, system of training scientific personnel.
- Charles, C. Yakymy maiut buty suchasni universytety? [What should modern universities be like?]. Retrieved from: https://life.pravda.com.ua/society/2019/07/30/237658/.
- Manckyou, G., & Taylor, M. (2013). Ekonomyks [Economics]. 656p. Retrieved from: https://kniga.biz.ua/author-mark-taylor.
- Yasniska, N. (2014). Osoblyvosti pidhotovky naukovo-pedahohichnykh kadriv u VNZ Ukrainy [Features of training of scientific-pedagogical personnel in the higher educational establishments of Ukraine]. Aktualni problemy derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Actual problems of public administration]. 4, 185-189. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/apdyo_2014_4_47.
- Pidhotovka naukovykh kadriv u 2018 rotsi [Training of scientific staff in 2018]. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky [State Statistics Service of Ukraine], 2019.
- TOP-10 spetsialnostei z naibilshymy prokhidnymy balamy 2019 roku [Top 10 specialties with the highest passing points in 2019]. Retrieved from: https://mon.gov.ua/en/news/top-10-specialnostej-z-najbilshimi-prohidnim-balami-2019-roku.
- Sostoianye myrovoi nauky: SShA y Evropa vperedy vsekh, no Kytai iakh bystro dohoniaet [State of the World Science: The US and Europe are ahead of everyone, but China is catching up with them quickly]. Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/240833/higher-education-institutions-in-the-us-by-type/.
- The Top American Research Universities: 2017 Annual Report. The Center for Measuring University Performance. Retrieved from: https://mup.umass.edu/sites/default/files/annual_report_2017.pdf.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Classification Description. Retrieved from: http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/descriptions/basic.ph.
- Science & engineering indicators 2018. Retrieved from: https://nsf.gov/statistics/indicators.
- Tupin, R.L. (2015). Osobennosty podhotovky nauchnыkh kadrov za rubezhom [Features of training of scientific personnel abroad]. Minsk. Retrieved from: https://knowledge.allbest.ru›pedagogics.
- Saryan, M.A., & Staroverov, V.D. Osnovopolahaiushchye pryntsypы podhotovky kadrov vysshei kvalyfykatsyy v evropeiskykh stranakh na prymere Velykobrytanyy y Hermanyy [Fundamental principles of training of the highest qualification in the European countries on the example of Great Britain and Germany]. Retrieved from: http://econf.rae.ru/article/7045.
- Clark, B.R. (2005). The Character of the Entrepreneurial University. International Higher Education. 38. 2-3. Retrieved from: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/predprinimatelskiy-universitet-suschnost-i-signs.