Paladchenko O. F. — head of sector, Ukrainian institute of scientific and technical expertise and information, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80 email@example.com
Molchanova I. V. — Senior Research, Ukrainian institute of scientific and technical expertise and information, 180, Antonovycha Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 03680; +38 (044) 521-00-80; firstname.lastname@example.org
MODERN APPROACHES AND METHODS OF FORECAST RESEARCH: WORLD EXPERIENCE AND POSSIBILITY OF ITS USE IN UKRAINE
Abstract. The article is devoted to study of the world experience of modern approaches and methods of conducting foresight researches with a goal of their possible use in Ukraine to identify and adjust the priority directions of innovation activity. The results of the research show that the main tool for defining scientific and technical priorities is the technological foresight as a process of attracting scientists, engineers, industrialists, civil servants and other partners to identify areas of strategic research and development of new technologies that can bring the most economic and social benefits and in the long run will support industrial competitiveness. It is noted that in the world practice dozens of methods of foresight are used, of which there are three basic ones: the method of Delphi, the method of critical technologies, the method of expert panels, and more modern ones, including bibliometric analysis, patent analysis, technological roadmap method, horizon scanning, general characteristics and the features of which are researched and presented in the work. At the same time it was stated that there is no perfect set of methods; in each foresight project their combination (both basic and new) is used; it is based on the purposeful use of knowledge of experts, taking into account the goals and objectives of the project, the budget. Examples of the use of a combination of methods during the implementation of technology foresaid
projects in developed countries are given. The research of experience foresight’s, its methods in Ukraine, features and results was carried out. It is concluded that for modern Foresight a simplified integrated approach that does not require significant human and financial resources (bibliometric and patent analyzes) time and space (expert panels and critical technology) can be employed. In the case of availability of funds for a continuous process of forecasting, the effective and reliable method of horizontal scanning in combination with other, according to the tasks, methods may be used.
Keywords: forecasting, scientific and technical development, priority directions, foresight, method, complex approach, innovative activity, propositions.
1. Ben R. Martin Tekhnolohiia i shvydka hlobalizatsiia ekonomiky. Doslidzhennia u sferi naukovo-tekhnichnoi
polityky / Universytet Sasseksa [Technology and the rapid globalization of the economy. Research in Science and Technology Policy / University of Sussex]. Available at: www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=Fac-BRM-UNIDO-TF&site=25; http://inno.lviv.ua/upload/pub/Agency/1502976522_54.pdf.
2. Miles I. Ten Years of Foresight in the UK. Available at: www.nistep.go.jp/IC/ic030227/pdf/p3-1.pdf.
3. Chrysoulakis Nektarios, Eduardo Anselmo de Castro, Eddy J. Moors Understanding Urban Metabolism:
A Tool for Urban Planning. Available at: https:// books.google.com.ua/books?isbn=1317658663.
4. Mendonça Sandro, Sapio Bartolomeo Foresight for Dynamic Organisations in Unstable Environments: A
Search for New Frameworks. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/Foresight-Dynamic-Organisations-
5. Popper R. (2008) How are foresight methods selected. Foresight, Vol. 10(6) October, pp. 62–
89. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228678576_How_are_foresight_methods_
6. Rafael Popper, Michael Keenan, Ian Miles, Maurits Butter, Graciela Sainz Global Foresight Outlook 2007. Available at: http://www.inovasyon.org/pdf/ efmn.global.foresight.outlook_Popper.et.al.2007.pdf.
7. Korshunov G.P. Forsayt-issledovaniya — metodologiya aktivnogo prognozirovaniya [Foresight research — active prediction methodology]. Available at: http://elib.bsu.by/bitstream/123456789/106147/1/115-122.pdf.
8. Zghurovskyi M.Z. Forsait ekonomiky Ukrainy [Foresight of Ukrainian economy]. Available at: http://ied.kpi.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Foresight-2015.pdf.
9. Kvitka S.A. Forsait yak tekhnolohiia proektuvannia maibutnoho: novitni mekhanizmy vzaiemodii publichnoi vlady, biznesu ta hromadianskoho suspilstva [Forsyth as a technology for future design: the latest mechanisms of interaction between public authorities, business and civil society]. Available at: https://aspects.org.ua/index.php/journal/article/download/281/276.
10. Kvasha T.K. (2010) Vybir priorytetnykh napriamkiv naukovo-tekhnolohichnoho rozvytku z vykorystanniam forsaitu. Problemy rozvytku informatsiinoho suspilstva [Selection of priority directions of scientific and technological development using foresight. Problems of Information Society Development] materials of the II International Forum. Kyiv (in Ukr.): UkrISTEI, Vol. II, pp. 78-82.
11. Koretskyi A.I. (2017) Priorytety innovatsiinoho rozvytku ekonomiky Ukrainy: naukometrychnyi aspekt
[Priorities of the Innovative Development of the Ukrainian Economy: the Science-Metric Aspect] Monograph. Kyiv (in Ukr.): “DKS Tsentr” Publ., 160 p. Available at: https://stepscenter.org.ua/archives/1548.
12. Kravchenko T.A. Dotsilnist vykorystannia metodolohii forsaitu pry rozrobtsi Yedynoi kompleksnoi stratehii rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva ta silskykh terytorii na 2015–2020 rr. [The expediency of using the foresight methodology in the development of the Integrated Agricultural and Rural Development Strategy for 2015–2020]. Available at: https://aspects.org.ua/index.php/journal/article/…/159/159.
13. Stepanova K.V. (2014) Metody forsaitu v ekonomikoekolohichnomu prohnozuvanni morskoi diialnosti
[Foresight Methods in Economical-Ecological Forecasting of Marine Activity]. Ekonomichni innovatsii [Economic Innovations], Vol. 58, pp. 321–325. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ecinn_2014_58_35.
14. Voros Joseph A Primer on Futures Studies, Foresight and the Use of Scenarios. Swinburne University of Technology. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288040864.
15. The Handbook of Technology Foresight: Concepts and Practice Ed. by Luke Georghiou, Jennfer Cassingena Harper, Michael Keenan, Ian Miles, and Rafael Popper. — Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2009, 428 p.
16. Martin V.R. Technology foresight in a rapidly globalizing. International Practice in Technology Foresight.
Vienna: UNIDO, 2002, p. 14.
17. Rudenkov V.M. (2004) Mezhdunarodnoe patentnolitsenzionnoe delo [International Patent and Licensing] a course of lectures. Minsk (in Bel.): BHU Publ., 147 p.
18. Phaal Robert (2001) T-Plan: the fast start to technology roadmapping. Planning your route to success. Cambridge. Available at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/T-plan-Technology-Roadmapping-Planning-Success/dp/1902546091.
19. Horizon Scanning Programme team. Gov.Uk. Available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/
20. Horizon Scanning Programme: a new approach for policy making. Gov.Uk. Available at: https://www.
21. The Ministry of Research, Science&Technology. Available at: www.morst.govt.nz.
22. The European Foresight Monitoring Network. Collection of EFMN Briefs. Part 1. Luxembourg: Office for
Official Publications of the European Communities, 2008, 481 p. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/research/social-sciences/pdf/other_pubs/efmnreport_en.pdf.
23. Polozhennia pro Ministerstvo osvity i nauky Ukrainy [Regulation on the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine] Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated October 16, 2014 No. 630 /
Legislation of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/630-2014-%D0%BF.
24. Pro utvorennia Natsionalnoi rady Ukrainy z pytan rozvytku nauky i tekhnolohii [On the Establishment
of the National Council of Ukraine on Science and Technology Development] Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated April 5, 2017 No. 226 / Legislation of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon2.
25. Pro priorytetni napriamy innovatsiinoi diialnosti v Ukraini [On the priority directions of innovation activity in Ukraine] Law of Ukraine dated 09/08/2011 № 3715-VI / Legislation of Ukraine. Available at:
26. Deiaki pytannia vyznachennia serednostrokovykh priorytetnykh napriamiv innovatsiinoi diialnosti zahalnoderzhavnoho rivnia na 2012–2017 roky [Some issues of definition of medium-term priority directions of innovation activity of the national level for 2012–2017] The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 12, 2012 No. 294 / Legislation of Ukraine. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/294-2012-%D0%BF.
27. Pro nadannia dostupu vyshchym navchalnym zakladam i naukovym ustanovam, shcho znakhodiatsia u sferi upravlinnia Ministerstva osvity i nauky Ukrainy, do elektronnykh naukovykh baz danykh [On granting
access to higher education institutions and scientific institutions in the management of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to electronic scientific databases] Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of September 19, 2017, No. 1286. Available at: http://science.univ.kiev.ua/upload/nakaz-%E2%84%96-1286-vid-19.09.2017.pdf.